Putting My Best Foot Forward
Hello fellow chocolate lover,
As I sit here writing this, I'm tucked under a blanket with a hot chocolate and as a chocolatier, I can tell you that I am very much enjoying this cooler weather!
I am, of course, referring to the UK's long and hot summer. Chocolate is incredibly sensitive to heat, with the cocoa butter formation easily morphing to another form. I can perfectly temper my chocolate but if the cooling time and temperature isn't correct, my hard work can be undone. I had many days and, on occasion, weeks this summer where I simply had to put down my tools. With my head in my sun hat trying to figure out what to do, a lightbulb moment... I turned my hand to making Gelato.
Pictured is our Crème Brûlée Gelato with a chocolate spoon - it's been my most popular flavour.
Even prior to the challenging heat, as a small business, the last 6 months have been increasingly difficult and I have been reflecting on all aspects of the business and consider what is working and what can be improved to make Hollychocs more sustainable for me and for my customers.
Accordingly, I will be making the following changes to how Hollychocs operate:
- FLAVOUR RANGE - I have decided to stop making 6 brand new flavours each month and instead focus on a quarterly chocolate menu which will feature 16 flavours. My new seasonal menus will include an array of award-winners, seasonal chocolates and classics. So yes, dear chocolate lover, it does mean that my Icelandic lava salt caramel will always be available!
- CHOCOLATE CLUB - I am very excited to be able to offer my seasonal chocolate box (4-piece, 9-piece, 16-piece or 25-piece) on a subscription basis. You can decide the delivery frequency, have complete control over the subscription and save up to 15% off each order. You can find out more here: CHOCOLATE CLUB
- CHOOSING YOUR OWN CHOCOLATES - You are now able to fill each space in a chocolate box with your favourite Hollychocs. Choose Your Own Chocolates.
- COCOA BAKERY - I am dedicating each Monday & Tuesday to our Tiffin's, Snack Bars & Baked Goods. These will be uploaded onto my website each Monday evening at 7pm and once they're gone, they're gone!
- SHIPPING - I have set aside time each working day to ship orders received the day before, aiming to reduce our turnaround time for you.
- ENTIRE RANGE - You will see a reduction in the number of different items I offer. I have reviewed each item, it's rate of sale and unfortunately I cannot justify high inventory levels.
I hope you can understand that I am making these changes to improve my services and to sustainably continue providing you with delicious treats for many years to come.
If you have any questions or suggestions for me, please do contact me. Thank you to all who have been in contact already. I have welcomed each comment / suggestion and have given each some thought.